Monday, November 26, 2007

Toby's First Thanksgiving

The other thing I wanted to share was on Thursday I was just overwhelmed again in thanksgiving to God for his mercy and love for us - for the miracle that Toby is. The miracle that he is still alive, that he is growing, doing well, even sitting up! I heard this song by Stephen Curtis Chapman, and for those of you that know me well, know that music is very important to me and God often uses songs to speak to me. This song is called "Carry You to Jesus" and it is written from the perspective of someone wanting to pray for someone else and carry their burdens. It made me think of all of our prayer warriors, who daily and sometimes hourly lift us up to Jesus and it made me cry out to God in Thanksgiving for all of you. I just wanted to share the words (see below). It's on Stephen Curtis Chapman's CD called Declaration - I'm sure you can "google" it and hear a sample or hear the song.
"Thank you dear God for providing us with prayer warriors and allowing us to as Hebrews 4:16 says,"come boldly unto the throne of grace to find grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"
Carry You to Jesus
I will not pretend to feel the pain you’re going through 
I know I cannot comprehend the hurt you’ve known 
And I used to think it mattered if I understood 
But now I just don’t know 

Well, I’ll admit sometimes I still wish I knew what to say 
And I keep looking for a way to fix it all 
But we know we’re at the mercy of God’s higher ways 
And our ways are so small 

But I will carry you to Jesus 
He is everything you need 
I will carry you to Jesus on my knees 

It’s such a privilege for me to give this gift to you 
All I’d ever hope you’d give me in return 
Is to know that you’ll be there to do the same for me 
When the tables turn 

And if you need to cry go on and I,
I will cry along with you, yeah 
I’ve given you what I have but still
I know the best thing I can do 
Is just pray for you 

I’ll carry you 
I’ll take you to Jesus on my knees

No comments:

Post a Comment