Friday, December 10, 2010

Braces or Not?

I went to the orthodontist on Monday for a consultation this week.  I'm considering getting braces.  I have always been uncomfortable about my crooked teeth and feel like my upper teeth stick out way over my lower even when my mouth is closed.  We do have some insurance, so it would help cover, but I'm just wondering if the pain and suffering is going to be worth it.  I am a candidate for Invisalign, but they are more expensive, so we would probably stick with traditional.  I'm also finding more and more that I clench, grind, and that as I get older my front teeth cross over each other more; hoping with braces that as the years go by that having braced them now will help them not be as crooked later.  Any thoughts? Advice?

Advent Activity - December 9th:  Coloring photos and writing letters or our sponsored child Jean Paul.  This is what the kids did tonight; we wrote a letter to Jean Paul, and made pictures for him for Christmas.  It was fun to see the difference in the coloring: Conor's nice and neat snowman, Garrett's snowman, and then Toby's scribbles! (Caris just watched).  It was also a little eye opening - it's no secret that Toby really doesn't like to color or draw.  They are working with him on it at school - making straight lines, circles, the letter "t".  It's hard sometimes to see how far behind Toby is than his peers - he can't even draw a circle let alone a person or a snowman, but he's making progress.  The other day he did ask me to draw, and he did write a nice "t" all his own.  Back to our activity - after drawing, we spent some time praying for Jean Paul.
Our little guy is from Peru and we have been sponsoring him for several years now.  I realized that we should do this activity once a month - every month, and not just on Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment