Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Decorating

Conor
Wow, it has been a very long time since I have blogged; things have just been really crazy around here.  I keep saying I will do better, and then it doesn't happen.  Hopefully, I can do better.  This past weekend, we FINALLY had a chance to get our Christmas tree and decorate it. We did buy a real tree (from Lowe's), but at least it has that pine smell that I love so much. Every year I say it's going to be different - that our Christmas tradition of decorating the tree isn't going to be crammed into other scheduled activities, and every year it is. This year was no different, and it's been frustrating; but I'm trying to roll with it. I did want to post a few photos of decorating the tree and the house for Christmas this year. Over Thanksgiving, we did get the chance to visit Bronner's Christmas Wonderland and get our yearly ornaments for the kids (and an updated one for our family - now complete!). It was a lot of fun, and the kids really enjoyed the lights. If you have never heard of Bronner's - it's the World's Largest Christmas Store - open year around. It also was the place where I had my first job ever - I worked five seasons there. Of course growing up we called it the "tourist trap" and didn't like it so much, but now it really is a fun place to take kids and they have absolutely EVERYTHING Christmas.


Here are some photos:

Garrett decorating the tree


Hmmm..wonder where we purchase our ornaments?


My new favorite decorations (the red trees)

Trying something new


Our new family ornament

The mantle

Our real live tree

10 years - Bride & Groom! :)

1 comment:

  1. love the fireplace! love the new red tree on the island! and, love that you enjoy bronner's as a family... i sure miss shopping there. good to see an update on your blog - i always enjoy new pics of your cute family. love you!

    ReplyDelete