Monday, August 15, 2011

Piggy Tails

I've done it...I've actually been able to get Caris' hair up into a ponytail.  I'm often asked if she holds still to get her hair done, and she does...somewhat.  Usually I have to put a video in or hold her down with my legs, but she's fairly cooperative.  Having a girl has been an entirely new experience for me - more screaming, more emotions, but oh so much fun.  The hair is certainly a challenge, I'm used to not even combing the boys' hair - just running out the door on the way to church or school.  I cut their hair with clippers (buzz cuts), and so Caris's hair frightens me.  I can't cut girls' bangs to save my life.  I did try to snip them the other day and the front of her hair looks like I gave her a bowl cut - (I won't post pictures of that debacle!).
I ended up cutting them entirely too short.  One of our night nurses gave me some good tips on cutting Caris's bangs.  She said to twist her hair and then snip - I did that with the rest of her hair, so it did cover up the mess I made (but just a bit).  Here's a picture of matching pony tails - mommy and Caris.
She is also learning many new words - the latest one is very clearly "Shoes" - you can hear the "sh" sound and the ending "s" sound...definitely a girl - that her first really understandable word would be shoes!  Her favorite shoes are her generic crocs, and she puts them on and asks to go "side" - which means outside.  Girls are certainly a whole 'lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. ccuuuuutttee! i can't wait till annalyse has more than peach fuzz so i can enjoy this too. darling, darling, darling!

    ReplyDelete