Sunday, January 28, 2007

Unless, YOUR Law Had Been My Delight!

Toby is now out of ICU (yeah!). He's been moved to the 3rd floor, which is the neuro floor. He seems to be less fussy, which is good. They're talking about doing another scope of his vocal cords and a swallow study next week to see if the feeding tube will still be needed after we return home.
Jan 28, 2007 5:02pm
Not much has been happening over the weekend. Toby continues to have times of fussiness and it's hard to tell if he's in pain or it's gas. He continually is being fed through his feeding tube, so we don't know if this has something to do with it. When he sleeps really deep he still pauses in his breathing (apnea), and sets the alarm off because his oxygen drops down. Then he will take a breathe and the oxygen goes right back up. He's still getting just a tiny bit of oxygen 0.1 liters. Tomorrow we will be talking to the doctors about what needs to happen to bring him home. The back and forth from hospital to home is starting to wear on Bruce and I. It's hard on the boys too - it's hard to parent in two different places. Sometimes I wonder how much more we can take, and then I remember that God is with us moment by moment. He knows, and will sustain us, and the boys too. Today I read some verses that say this:
Psalm 119:90-93 "Your faithfulness endures to all generations; You established the earth, and it abides. They continue this day according to Your ordinances, for all are Your servants. Unless your law had been my delight, I would then have perished in my affliction. I will never forget Your precepts, For by them You have given me life.
We continue to cling to the words from scripture. I continually remember the promises that God is faithful, He is with us, and is using this to bring HIM glory. He has an eternal purpose we cannot see - to draw others to HIM. I pray that we are allowing God to use us to be a witness of his grace, mercy, and unending love. He never wastes a single hurt that we endure, we can believe HIM that He will never abandon us, He is always with us.

2 comments:

  1. By Londa Foster — Jan 28, 2007 3:13pm
    What a week you have been through! Isn't it good to know that God knows all about us, He cares and He is in control? I am continuing to pray for Toby and for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Jennifer Nickel — Jan 28, 2007 5:01pm
    You are such an encouragement to me Carrie. I pray for you and your family every night while I'm rocking Michelle to sleep. I pray that soon you too will be in your home rocking Toby to sleep. Your faithfulness, endurance and praise to the Lord at a time that could really test your faith, is a blessing to me and THAT is how God is using you to help me. And I am sure it is encouraging others. So hang in there because very soon you will have Toby home! Jennifer Nickel

    ReplyDelete